This is one of my favorite snacks/meals. Its so simple to make and extremely delicious. Chia seeds have endless benefits! They add a healthy boost of omega-3s and healthy fats into your diet and they keep you feeling full and energized for quite an extended period of time. You can also use seeds as a vegan egg substitute! It holds things together extremely well. Lets get to this simple and easy recipe!
Chia Seed Pudding (serving 1):
- 2tbs Chia Seeds (I bought mine from trader joes, but now you can get them anywhere)
- 3/4th-1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1/2tsp of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Any other sweeteners you’d like but the banana really sweetens it up a lot!
- Mash your banana up; I like leaving little chunks in mine
- Pour your milk in a cup or bowl
- Add the chia seeds and stir them in thoroughly
- Add the mashed banana, sweeteners, cinnamon and vanilla
- Put in the fridge (I usually make this overnight or make it in the morning as a snack before bed) and you can stir every couples minutes to make sure the chia seeds absorb all the milk.
- Take out of the fridge when you want it, top with whatever your heart desires!
In my chia pudding I added more sliced bananas, strawberries and topped it with a Go Raw Spirulina Bar.
If you want to be fancy you can definitely layer it all pretty. There are sooo many variations to this recipe but this is just one of my favorites. Let me know if you guys try this 🙂 It makes for a great power packed meal or snack for breakfast/post workout or a snack!